[rollei_list] Re: Kodak Discontinuing All B&W Paper

  • From: "Roger M. Wiser" <wiserr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:40:11 -0500

I agree, I don't think there will be the stability or permanency with the
rapid innovation ....  a short product life span of digitals. If there is
less than  rapid innovation there will be a scramble to cut price like there
was with the small calculators that first came from  $200 to $7.50 .

Most of the manufacturing will be done in Asia so the US will be primarily
in marketing.
Except for the high end cameras there will be little demand for repairs. The
photographic wholesaler and retailer is vanishing. Sales are via general and
computer stores. There is a reduced needs for accessories, most are built in

These are interesting but depressing times.

Roger