[rollei_list] Re: Ikonta Book?

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,ZICG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 23:37:43 -0400

At 11:13 PM 4/11/2009, Jan Decher wrote:
Marc,

Is there a really good Ikonta and Super Ikonta manual history of-book that illustrates most of the models and acessories?
Do yo cover them in your Zeiss Compendium?

I give a bit of coverage of the line in that Compendium (please, do NOT buy new copies of the COMPENDIUM as Charlie and I have been stiffed out of our royalties for years and the EU rules on "authors owning their rights" are essentially worthless).

Late in his life, someone asked Lord Palmerston about the Schleswig-Holstein Question. Pam thought a second and replied, "that issue has only been fully understood by three people. One was the Prince Consort, and he is dead. Another was a professor in Germany, and he has been certified as insane, and is now confined. I am the third, and I have forgotten everything I once knew about it."

I am rather in the same place on the Zeiss Ikon folders. I really had come to understand the breed followong the publication of the COMPENDIUM thanks to so much input from the field. But that was fifteen years back.

Hubert Nerwin knew all about these guys and was never debriefed on them. What I would give to have an hour with him back in, say, 1975. As it is, I probably ought to reinvent the wheel and write an article for ZEISS HISTORICA on this.

No, there is no single book on Zeiss Folders. I wish there were. There are some fine articles in the archives of THE ZEISS HISTORICA JOURNAL. Join and you can purchase back files at a dirt price.

I am sharing this missive, in regard to our long friendship, with others who may have more to say.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!