[rollei_list] Ikonta Book?

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 23:13:57 -0400

Marc,

Is there a really good Ikonta and Super Ikonta manual history of- book that illustrates most of the models and acessories?
Do yo cover them in your Zeiss Compendium?

Thanks,
Jan

Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:24:11 -0400
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Henry Schering

I have never had Henry overhaul any of my
cameras.  I have only heard the highest praise
for his work;  the only criticism is that he is
back-logged, itself an endorsement of the quality of his repairs.

However, Henry tends to develop theories about
Zeiss Ikon cameras and then to preach these so
that they do develop some traction.  Several
times, over on the Zeiss Ikon Collectors' Group,
we have tried to run down such rumors and all, in
the end, trace back to Henry.  I suspect that
that is what has happened here.  Henry has
developed a theory unique to himself that there
is some inherent design flaw in the film-spacing
on Super Ikonta cameras.  He has said this so
many times that others have come to believe it
and, now, when you hear, "I have heard it
elsewhere", it almost certainly can be traced back to Henry.

We have corporate knowledge of a hundred or more
of these cameras in various formats, and the only
ones which consistently seem to have suspicions
of fram-spacing woes are those which have come to
Henry's attention.  Otherwise, the cameras seem
to function flawlessly in that regard unless they
are in need of a CLA.  A properly serviced Super
Ikonta should not have any spacing problems.

I had Ken Ruth CLA one of my Super Ikontas and
John Van Stelten the other.  Both came back without a problem.