[rollei_list] Re: H. Scherer and Zeiss Contax

  • From: "Douglas Shea" <dshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 11:39:35 -0600

Jerry,
This is from Henry's site: "This service is included at no additional charge
in the body overhaul service. The formation of the well known "Zeiss Bump"
is the result of a chemical reaction between the tanning chemicals used in
the leather, and the exposed copper in the exposed brass rivet heads used to
hold the back pieces together. These bumps can be removed, but it is also
necessary to cover the brass rivet tops with an insulating material to
ensure the bumps will not reappear. This service removes the bumps and
treats the rivet heads so that the bump removal is permanent."
He has removed them from a few of my Contaxes with no reappearance.

Doug