[rollei_list] Re: H. Scherer and Zeiss Contax

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:10:03 -0400

Jerry:

I only know what Henry says on his website:

http://www.zeisscamera.com/ContaxIIa/Page4.html#Bump%20Removal

It's interesting that this Zeiss bump problem seems to be the same weakness that befalls older aluminum Land Rovers where non-aluminum rivets and bolts have been used.
Jan

From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Jan,
I wonder how Harry Scherer handles the infamous 'Zeiss Bumps", which
are caused by brass or steel rivets it the cast aluminium body, causing
bi-metallic corrosion. Rolleiflexes also suffered from that. I assumed
that neither Zeiss nor Rollei ever had metallurgists on their staff.

Jerry