[rollei_list] Re: FS Friday: opinion please Rollei SLR

  • From: Ruben <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:22:35 +0200

My first camera was a rollei slr 35 M - made in singapore
I had the original zeiss 50 m.m and some 3rd party lenses
The camera mady me loose my interest in photography
It was big and not nice to operate
though i currently use older stuf from rollei, leica and hasselblad I would recommend a canon slr - like the eos 5- for 35 mm film
They are very cheap now - offers all features - are easy to operate - have spot metering and a very silent motor and all the lenses ar compatible with their digital line for later upgrade
I would not invest in a SL35 body from rollei
just my 2 cents :-)
all the best
ruben
Marc James Small skrev:

At 03:17 AM 6/27/06 GMT, redleica wrote:
I would like to ask the group how do Leica SLR lenses hold up against
Rollei 35mm SLR lenses? Particularly the vintage stuff.
Thanks for your message,
God bless You.

How big is large?

For 35mm work, you can do a lot worse than a Rolleiflex SL35 E.  They cost
little on the used markets, they have magnificent lenses, and an M42
adapter is readily available which will open up huge vistas for you.  The
Leicaflex cameras in their first three iterations are quite nice as well
and have fine lenses, but for a mix of price and quality I'd go for the SL
35 E.

I have been down the Leicaflex road and got rid of all my stuff some years
back, but I did keep my SL 35 E.  It is a grand camera and capable of grand
results.  And that 1.4/50 Planar lens is hard to beat.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

--- Rollei List

 Denne meddelelse er IKKE blevet klassificeret som spam. Hvis denne e-mail er uønsket
(spam), kan du klassificere den igen ved at klikke på dette hyperlink:
http://127.0.0.1:6083/Panda?ID=pav_29384&SPAM=true

--- Rollei List