[rollei_list] Re: DOF (was Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras)

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:46:02 -0500

At 09:42 PM 11/14/2009, Elias Roustom wrote:
>There's a good answer here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollei_35
>
>The SK S-Xenar is every bit as good as the Tessar, no difference, just
>the name and the maker - for economic/timing reasons.
>
>They tend to fetch less of a price, but I like knowing that my copy is
>from a small "rare" run.

The REALLY rare ones are the 35's with Xenar sold in the Warsaw Pact -- these are only distinguishable by an engraving indicating manufacture in the BRD. They were not a regular production of F&H but were made on order by some camera dealer for sale to the Communist Apparatchiki. I believe there are about 250 of these.

Most 35's sold in the Warsaw pact are marked on the lens ring with "Opton T" insted of Carl Zeiss Tessar. There are a fair number of these around.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!