[rollei_list] Re: DOF (was Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras)

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:34:45 -0300

And  it is not _purely_ a function of aperture, if you think DOF as
percentage, this is a statement from one of the website you quoted:
 "..depth of field, expressed as a percentage of the distance to the
subject (Total DOF/s %), is inversely proportional to focal length. It
can be very small for long telephoto lenses..."

Carlos