[rollei_list] Re: 'Cord V stuck shutter...

  • From: FG <fuktighet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:02:56 +0100

There's a general manual at:
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/repairmanuals.html

It's a huge file that contemplates all the TLR models. You don´t need all
the pages, I actually used 6 of them.
Make sure to keep track of all your movements with screwdrivers, plyers and
all that. There's a fair amount of screws that can get lost quite easy. Just
be careful and good luck.

regards,
juan

2007/2/14, Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx>:

On Feb 14, 2007, at 8:09 AM, FG wrote:

> With the help of some repair manuals from (kind) rollei users I
> openned carefully the front panel and used some lighter fluid on
> the shutter.
> I was shocked to see the reaction of the shutter parts to that liquid.
> Now it is easier to cock the shutter and it snaps freely at all
> speeds.

Thanks, Juan.  I was thinking of trying that.

Anybody got a copy of the manual?  Or, know of a link to one?

I'm fairly handy with tools, and am willing to give this a try.

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn

Current Leica Photography (in move to new gallery)
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r