[rollei_list] Re: 'Cord V stuck shutter...

  • From: FG <fuktighet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:09:50 +0100

I happen to own a Rolleicord Vb, which has had some sort of a sticky shutter
as well. Actually it would only fire on "B" position. And it would hesitate
even then.
With the help of some repair manuals from (kind) rollei users I openned
carefully the front panel and used some lighter fluid on the shutter.
I was shocked to see the reaction of the shutter parts to that liquid.
Now it is easier to cock the shutter and it snaps freely at all speeds.
Needless to say, that only helps if the shutter is a bit dusty or sticky.
(but again there´s no way to know before you open and try)

only my experience.

hope it helps

juan

2007/2/14, Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx>:

Listers,

I was exercising my 'cord V last night, checking the slow speeds and
the self-timer, and the shutter stuck, totally.  The shutter cocking
arm moves, quite freely, but the shutter is stuck closed, and the
self-timer switch is also stuck.

Any thoughts or suggestions, before I put it aside to send off for
repair, as soon as I can afford it?

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn

Current Leica Photography (in move to new gallery)
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r