[rollei_list] Re: Comic art was Re: OT: Miscellany

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:29:25 -0400

At 05:12 PM 9/10/2007, Michael Eric Berube wrote:

>I thought that Meade was where the instructors said that folks had been
>trained before Lowry was set up for all branches (except the Navy) to
>train photographers, but I could be misremembering. (This was all twenty
>years ago and I was just a wee enlisted babe.) :)
>Ft. Meade was where we dealt with a lot of the TECOM big brass so it was
>in my head a lot back then, though I've never been there.

Michael

Photographers were trained at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, until around 1960, when the training shifted to Lowry, thence to Benc Harrison and I do not know where today.

TECOM (Test and Evaluation Command) has always been headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Grounds north of Baltimore.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!