[rollei_list] Re: "Advantage of 4x5 over medium format" (was: Austin has Unsubscribed)

  • From: siufai@xxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:56:36 +0200

> assuming one was in the market for a "user" 4x5 <*> Graphic, what
> model/version would one be looking for? I know nothing about those
> cameras, but you've piqued my interest. I see that they often show up
> on eBay, although I have no idea of price. I don't have a darkroom for
> prints, but developing negatives isn't a problem.

Go to www.graflex.org for the different models

I personally will get a Super if you want a field camera, a Crown if you want a
4x5" rangefinder and a Speed if you want to use long lenses. My personal
favorite is the Pacemaker Crown with a side mounted Kalart RF. It's simple, you
can sync the RF yourself and the body mounted mechanical trip works great.

Best regards,

Siu Fai