[rodgersorgan] Re: Organs & Praise Bands -

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:51:57 -0400

Ralph (and others),

Another reprehensible subject is the elevation of the "Sound Man" to
controlling worship.

Interesting, I have yet to see a Sound Woman...so this indicates it is yet
another bizarre extension of the male psyche, right up there with TV remore
controls.

Now we enter many churches to hear professional pre-recorded music.

Then the organist and pianist play.  Downer.

Then the soloist gets up and signs along with a Nashville created track of
extremely high quality.

The the organist and pianist play during the offering.

The choir sings an anthem (in many churches, it's a Special) to taped
accompaniment.

The organist and pianist play while the people leave, since no one is listening
anyhow.

The morale of musicians in such a setting has to suffer.

I don't see the pastor or his associate standing aside while the word is read
and preached by someone in a far off studio, just becase they can do it better.

Losing the personal involvement of musicians!

noel jones

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com