[roc-chat] Re: What's Up Hobby Orders

  • From: Rick Maschek <rickmaschek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ROC chat <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 08:16:04 -0700

Robert at Animal Motor Works also has the Cesaroni Certification promos, buy
the reload and get case free:
http://cart.amwprox.com/
some of the NASA USLI students I mentor got exactly the motors/reloads they
need from them.
and Apogee is also doing that promo:
http://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket_Motors/Cesaroni_Propellant_Kits/Cesaroni_Certification_Special

We ordered several motors from Apogee and they arrived the same week, both
great vendors to do business with.
We also just put in an order from Wildman:
http://www.wildmanrocketry.com/
Rick
From: xsive.guy@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:29:34 -0700
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: What's Up Hobby Orders
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I needed motors for the FAR launch on April 5th as part of the Cal Pyro class
and Jack didn't have any in the size that I could use so I went to Animal Motor
Works.  I ordered Saturday and the shipment is showing a delivery of Friday -
not bad.

At $100 they waive the shipping and then at $400 they waive the HazMat fee.
Ask me after Friday what I think and I'll be able to report on the condition of
the motors when they arrived.

Thanks,Mike
PS:  Animal Motor Works is Cesaroni and Estes only IIRC.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM, David Erbas-White <derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

    On 3/27/2014 4:06 PM, Gregory Lyzenga
      wrote:

      The "What's Up" website currently showing 'down for maintenance' -
      'out traveling' at the moment.  Is Jack out of the business
      completely at this point?

      If so, what other vendors can members recommend for high-power
      motors?

      David Erbas-White

        On Mar 27, 2014, at 3:44 PM, Terry Burnett <wtb123@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          wrote:

            When do the "group orders " need to be placed
              for collection at the next launch.

              Terry

              NAR94508

      Group orders are no longer being accepted by What’s Up Hobbies.  I
      would encourage everyone who needs to make motor purchases to
      place their individual orders with the vendor of their choice, in
      time for delivery before the upcoming launch.

      For your information, WUH does not plan to attend ROC-Stock
        in June, so barring attendance by another high power vendor, you
        should also plan in advance for any needs you might have for the
        big launch as well.

                        - Greg

                  Greg Lyzenga
                  ROC Board Member - NAR #13295 / Tripoli #12088