[roc-chat] Re: Fw: Mojave Green

  • From: Rick Maschek <rickmaschek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ROC chat <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 08:30:20 -0700

On several search and rescue missions in the Granite and Ord Mountains
surrounding Lucerne Dry Lake we have encountered rattlesnakes, 3 on Stoddard
Mtn http://digital-desert.com/places/stoddard-mountain.html . They are out
there so be careful when walking off the lakebed in warm weather. On a field
trip in the Cajon Pass, one of my students went chasing a lizard into a
creosote bush and I told him not to reach into any bushes or under rocks. Two
minutes later, as we walked up the San Andreas Fault, we watched a rattler
slither into a bush in front of us; could not have been any better. There are a
few snakes out there but chances are you won't encounter one, just watch where
you go.
Rick

From: jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Fw: Mojave Green
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 23:32:02 -0700

OK.  So the myth is the location and the
type of rattlesnakes.

Not that there was a den of 50 of them.

That makes me feel sooooo much better.

Not!