[roc-chat] Re: ROC's July Launch is this Saturday

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 07:13:04 -0700

Yes, I'll be camping over on Saturday.  Leaving Sunday morning around 7:00 AM.

Richard Dierking

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 18:32:22 -0700
From: kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; roc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: ROC's July Launch is this Saturday

    Anyone planning to stay Saturday
        night?

        Mike Kramer

    On 7/10/2014 4:49 PM, Gregory Lyzenga
      wrote:

      Fellow ROC Members,

        This is our monthly
            announcement that this Saturday (July 12, 2014) is the next
            ROC Launch. The current projections for the upcoming weekend
            call for hot and sunny weather.  Overnight lows are expected
            to be in the upper 60's and daytime temps should be in the
            high 90’s to 100’s.  At this time, winds look to be
            northwesterly and low to moderate in strength.  As usual it
            is expected the best conditions will be in the early
            morning, with wind speeds gradually increasing after
            mid-morning.  Be sure to bring (and drink) plenty of water
            to avoid dehydration, and wear a hat, sunglasses, and
            sunblock to avoid getting burned.  If you set up a sun
            shelter, be sure to secure it from being damaged or carried
            away by the occasional dust devils that visit our site on
            many summer afternoons.  We are expecting our regular food
            vendor (Two Guys and a Grille) to be in attendance, in
            addition to our rocketry vendors (Bay Area Rocketry and
            Discount Rocketry).

        The
            ROC Trailer will be on-site for Friday setup.
          If
              you're planning to camp out consider coming out early, and
              help with setup!
          If
              you've never done it before, don't be shy!  We'll be
              happy to show you the ropes, and it's a great way to get
              to know your fellow ROCers.

          Special
              notes regarding this month’s launch:  We are expecting
              a largish group of school-age kids who will be there for
              their first rocket-flying experience.  They will have
              their own dedicated prep and check-in area so they
              shouldn’t adversely impact our regular range operations.
               Please make them feel welcome and if you can think of any
              way to make things run more smoothly, please pitch in.  We
              do not presently plan to set up our large (Level 3) launch
              pad; if you have need for the large pad or have any flight
              requiring unusual support, please contact us ASAP so that
              we can plan accordingly.

              Volunteers are always needed to work shifts of Range Duty.
               Again, don't be

              shy!  We're happy to help you learn, and the same thing I
              said about

              helping with setup still holds true: volunteering is a
              GREAT way to get to

              know your fellow ROCers!  (And please stick around on
              Saturday afternoon to

              help with tear-down, too.)

              As always, camping is allowed and encouraged.  Per BLM
              rules, all campfires

              must be in above-ground containers, and you should plan to
              haul out all of

              your wood debris and ashes when you leave.

        ***
            GENERAL INFO ***
        Non-member
            daily launch fee is $15 and the paid-up member fee is $5.
             Everybody needs to register and get a wrist band to fly.
             All participants and spectators need to sign a liability
            waiver.  Please be aware of the requirement to follow all
            safety rules and procedures while attending the launch, and
            make sure that children are supervised by a responsible
            adult at all times. Overnight camping is allowed as usual,
            but be sure to keep all campfires in above-ground containers
            to comply with BLM rules, and pack your ashes and wood
            debris out with you when you leave.  Let's always try to
            leave the playa a little cleaner than we found it.  Portable
            toilets should be delivered on site by Friday to support
            overnight campers and setup.

        Let's fly rockets!  We'll see
            you on the lake bed!

      Greg Lyzenga