[roc-chat] Re: ROC News and Requests

  • From: Michael Klett <xsive.guy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:18:57 -0700

So many thoughts, so few are coherent...

First, regarding self nominations.  Over the years the board has done
a fantastic job.  I might consider it but I'm still a newbie and I'd
be afraid of messing it up.  The standards to be a member of the board
seem incredibly high.

As far as combining November ROCStock and ROCtober I'd be for it.  I
love the big launches but I realize that they are a lot of work.
Combining the two would make ROCStock in June a bigger annual event
and ROCtober would also be a bigger annual event.  As far as Rick's
idea about youth bringing parents back we still have the regular
November launch to come back to.  Additionally, not that it should
matter to ROC so much but I think TRASD's Plaster Blaster event is in
November as well so for those ROCketeers that are bi-clubal it's three
big launches in 4 weeks.

But as always, I'll support the board, cheerfully accept their
decision either way, and continue to help out where I can.  I wish I
could help more than I do.

Thanks,
Mike