[roc-chat] Re: Nike-Smoke

  • From: Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 17:30:14 -0700 (PDT)

The Nose cone is FG. The fins are FG shells with what looked like hard foam
filling. For $150 bucks, it seems like a good value. I'll know more once the
build starts. (And even MORE once it flies and the fins stay on!). IIRC the
Madcow version was just beveled plate.

I am using my now proven/comfortable method of mounting the altimeter in the
nose and venting it near the bottom of the nose cone coupler (several inches
below the top of the body tube). So it'll use a cable cutter.

---------------------------------------
Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach, CA | Twitter: JeffGortatowsky | Yahoo:
indanapt
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jeffgortatowsky
Blog @ http://skepticalastronomer.wordpress.com

"(Scientific) Skepticism is not a set of beliefs, it is a set of methods for
asking questions about reality." -- Doctor Steven Novella

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 12:46 PM, John Coker <john@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the Rocketry Warehouse kit, what are the fins molded from?  Is the nose
cone fiberglass or plastic?

John

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rocketry Warehouse. Neat molded fins. 54mm. I wanted to complete my RW Formula
XX series rockets down the low end. I have the Formula 98, 75 (Super value),
and now the 54 and 38. So I add the Nike in for giggles. Figured if I am gonna
participate in the Nike thing, I better get going. Four inch seemed about right
for  transport.