[roc-chat] Re: Lakebed Report

  • From: Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 17:14:39 -0800

Dave and Ron,

I don't think anyone has been flamed, here. I've only seen calm and reasonable discussion about the details of the tough call that the BOD had to make.

Did we "blow it"? With perfect 20/20 hindsight, maybe. But, given the fact that there was standing water in the access road and along the side of 247 on Thursday, I think we did the prudent and reasonable thing.

I, personally, would have hated to be responsible for people driving hours to get there, only to have to turn around an head home, or -- worse yet -- getting themselves stuck in the mud. (Your "free towing" from AAA doesn't cover you when you're off-road on the lake bed. Guess how I know that....)

Cheers,

Rick Dickinson
ROC Board Member

On 3/8/2014 4:48 PM, MONTMACH@xxxxxxx wrote:
 Brings back memories of rec: model rockets. Where's Jerry and Cato.
      Dave
In a message dated 3/8/2014 4:45:26 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, rrmagoo7@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    Holy SH!T! I really didn't realize that making a simple statement
    or question would turn into such a flame fest.