[roc-chat] Re: Lakebed Report

  • From: SCWXA <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:24:18 -0800

On 1/11/2014 8:31 PM, David Erbas-White wrote:
On 1/11/2014 7:31 PM, Lee Scott wrote:

Yeah, it was really horrible out on the lakebed today...

Don't know how anyone managed with that blue sky, zero wind, and shirt-sleeve temperatures.

...and the fact that there was no waiting to launch was really a pain in the a$$...

Not to mention the super-low prices Jack was charging on a bunch of his stuff...

I'll see you guys in the morning, along with any other super-special executive ROC members who feel like braving the polar vortex...

David Erbas-White

Thanks for the report,
I wasn't discouraging anyone from going out. I was actually saying it would be fine until afternoon Saturday ... then gusty way overnight and then calm by Sunday morning. That's the perfect window for a trough passage. From weather stations in the area, gusts started after 2pm on Saturday at 15-20 mph and then overnight the stronger 30 mph wind gusts showed up ... talking after midnight ... then by morning those were all gone, as I did state. I just had a problem with those other sites not saying the winds would pick up on Saturday afternoon. To me it's like they are run by a real bad computer and no human checks it for verification.

If heading down the Cajon Pass my Santa Ana Wind Watch that was activated on Friday night is effect - http://www.southerncaliforniaweatherauthority.com/2014/01/10/santa-ana-wind-watch-5/

Furthermore here was the post about my wind gust model that I developed to make my forecasts for that area ... noting last night's wind gusts after midnight to 2-3am - http://www.southerncaliforniaweatherauthority.com/2014/01/11/scwxa-wind-gust-model-for-jan-11-13-2014/

Thanks,
Kevin