[roc-chat] FW: cdd feedback

  • From: Terry Burnett <wtb123@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:01:27 +0000

I just thought I would throw this out there more as an FYI

> I contacted our Barstow Field Office (760) 252-6000 and they responded that
> there aren't designated areas, however you are allowed to launch at our dry
> lake bed areas such as El Mirage, Soggy Dry Lake, and some launch at the
> Lucerne dry lake bed.

 Stacy Booth
 Public Contact Assistant
 Bureau of Land Management
 California Desert District Office
 22835 Calle San Juan de Los Lagos
Moreno Valley, CA 92553
 (951) 697-5312
 Subject: cdd feedback

Terry Burnett
 organization =
 email = wtb123@xxxxxxxxxxx
 subject = Model Rocketry Launch
 FeedbackType = General Question
Question Regarding Model Rocketry: Is the public allowed to launch model
rockets in areas assigned for that purpose? As I notice that the regular
scheduled Rocket Launches for ROC are halted due to some contractural matters,
is it OK for the general public to use the area for launching ?
Area in question is Lucerne Valley