[roc-chat] Re: Equipment Protocol, Important - Please Read

  • From: Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 22:31:39 -0700

Steve,

Unfortunately, that's not the problem. The problem is that it is extremely easy
to bend pins, or to push them back through their holes in the connector shell,
by trying to insert the cable into the wrong connector, or by trying to insert
it in the right connector, but in the wrong orientation.

Basically, the connectors are somewhat fragile, especially after years of
connecting and disconnecting them repeatedly. They are also a royal pain in the
neck to repair or replace, due to the huge number of pins in a very confined
space. So, we're trying to "baby" them, to avoid needing repair or replacement
for as long as possible.

Cheers,

Rick Dickinson

--
Sent using the electronic equivalent of finger paint. Please excuse my brevity
and misteaks.