[riseholmebees] Re: Harvey Queenless? Help

  • From: "Steve Pickard" <steve_pickard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <riseholmebees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:21:06 +0100

Hi Harbey

It may be worth checking with these

•Oakfield Honey Farm - Buckinghamshire. Telephone 01296 730794 or e-mail Ged
Marshall ged@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Oakfield 'Buckfast' Queens.

Two different bee inspectors have recommended his queens as being of a very
high quality

Steve

From: HARVEY HOWSON <harvey.howson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [riseholmebees] Harvey Queenless? Help
To: riseholmebees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, 18 July, 2010, 18:45

Hi every one

About 3 hours ago I opened my hive no honey in supers no more super frames
drawn out since last inspection. This is the first time I have opened my hive
since the bee inspector came on th 7th July 11 days ago. I have no unsealed
brood and no eggs only sealed brood and empty cells and a little stores, but on
one frame I have 3 lovely queen cells which I have left in place. Do you recon
as i do that mabee I have lost my queen? If so shall I leave the queen cells
and let them get on with it I recon they will be hatching in 4 - 6 days and
then mating in about another 12 days. Or shall I see about trying to find one
for sale and get it posted to me? I feel a bit deflated cos I thought
everything was going so well never mind. Any sugestions will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Harvey