[riseholmebees] Re: Harvey Queenless? Help

  • From: VANESSA HUGHES <nesshughes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riseholmebees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:24:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Harvey,

I don't know much but I certainly wouldn't consider buying a queen if you have
3 queen cells present. If they are sealed I would await the outcome and if all
else fails I'm sure one of us could help. my new colony is a little too strong
if anything and I'm sure that even in a couple of weeks I could let you have a
frame of eggs to see if they raise a new queen if the existing one fails. I
think Dave and Jane were queenless for quite a few weeks, I understand that all
will be well until all existing brood is hatched and reaching the end of it's
life so perhaps just sit tight for a couple of weeks and see what happens - but
obvously I am no expert! I am in contact with the man who sold me my new
colony, I could ask him for advice if you are struggling? I think Ben is on
holiday at the moment.

Hope all goes well,

Vanessa