[riseholmebees] Harvey Queenless? Help

  • From: HARVEY HOWSON <harvey.howson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riseholmebees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 17:45:04 +0000 (GMT)

Hi every one
About 3 hours ago I opened my hive no honey in supers no more super frames
drawn
out since last inspection. This is the first time I have opened my hive since
the bee inspector came on th 7th July 11 days ago. I have no unsealed brood and
no eggs only sealed brood and empty cells and a little stores, but on one frame
I have 3 lovely queen cells which I have left in place. Do you recon as i do
that mabee I have lost my queen? If so shall I leave the queen cells and let
them get on with it I recon they will be hatching in 4 - 6 days and then mating
in about another 12 days. Or shall I see about trying to find one for sale and
get it posted to me? I feel a bit deflated cos I thought everything was going
so
well never mind. Any sugestions will be appreciated.
Many thanks
Harvey