[riscosweb] Browsers not responding to charset=ISO-8859-2

  • From: Russell Hafter - Lists <rh_lists@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscosweb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:15:15 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4e85a8aac5brian.jordan9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian
Jordan <brian.jordan9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 14 Nov, Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 14 Nov, Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> > > Assuming Orpheus uses Apache servers, it should be
> > > possible to force the charset using .htaccess, either
> > > file by file or directory by directory.

> > We are indeed, and I could no doubt configure it on a
> > directory per directory basis for Russell. However,
> > doesn't that defeat the object of having meta-tag
> > overwrite??

Which would be the obvious, simple way of doing it.

> > Our server already supports .htaccess files.

> AIUI Russell should be able to upload .htaccess files to
> the appropriate areas of his site to ensure the server
> and his files are in synch without you needing to
> intervene.

I have uploaded .htaccess files to other websites, but they
are invisible to !FTPc (and, I believe, to a number, if not
most, other FTP software).

This would also mean creatting a special directory just for
those files with ISO-8859-2 charsets, which is not
particularly logical.

--
Russell Hafter
(Literally) on the edge of the Lake District National Park