[riscos-printing] Re: Supported printers

  • From: John Oram <oramj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:13:22 +0100

In message <1f90bdcc4f.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gary Jones <localnews@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a (relatively) low-cost printer you can actually
> buy and is supported by GutenPrint?

I am using a Canon Pixma iP4200 (currently priced via Amazon at
£59.99) and am happy with the way Gutenprint runs with it. There are
probably more recent Canons that have Guternprint drivers.

My enquiries before purchasing the iP4200 led me to believe that Epson
were a non-starter since they seemed not very forthcoming at releasing
information to allow Martin W. to build matching Gutenprint drivers,
so I moved to Canon and have been quite happy with the results with my
photography.

John Oram.

--
John E.D. Oram :  Tel:0114 2555491 : 12 Montgomery Road, S7 1LQ