[realmusicians] material for learning guitar

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 14:53:32 -0500

Hey guys, so I'm thinking of picking up the guitar again, and was wondering
if anybody had some audio material or knew of a good place where I can get
started? Here's the thing, I don't want a thing where they teach you a song
or teach you chords by teaching you little songs or whatever. I'd rather be
given the tools and go doing my own building. This is how I teach my
students when I teach piano, and it's more effective than teaching specific
things; so if I can find some site or audio tuts that will teach me scales
and how to create cords etc, that'll be what I'm looking for! I know music
theory and all that, took classical training and all, so don't need that
either. Just need to refresh my memory on what I started learning a few
years ago...
Any ideas/suggestions?

THX, D!J!X!