[realmusicians] Re: Hope 2

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:23:36 -0500

Hi, no, that's actually default xp behaviour, because the shutdown dialog
has three buttons, restart, shutdown, and standby. These buttons are
accessed by one  key commands, u for shutdown, s for standby and r for
restart. You can either switch to classic, or if you enable user switching
or such it goes to the old list view type where you have to do a press of
enter. This is nothing wrong with drivers or such, it's how xp actually
works out of the box!
But installing or using 64 bit drivers on xp is definitely asking for
trouble, the 2 platforms are different! It might be that you got a
all-in-one package, where both 32 and 64bit drivers are included for various
operating systems. If not, don't use them! Here's what you should do, since
you have a sound card working for now, if you have network access, go online
and run windows update, it'll find hardware drivers for you system if there
are any. You'll have to look in the hardware tab.

HTH, D!J!X!