[realmusicians] Re: Hope 2

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 15:41:17 -0500

Maybe close down any enhancements that RealTech has done?
It's in the tab in the RealTech Hd Audio Manager, or the equivalent in XP.
The outfit that writes RealTech, called SRS Labs, possibly in Hongkong, , puts in maybe a little reverb, maybe some of that delicious Wow 3D surround sound on stereo ear buds, and it gets between Wineyes, NVDA, I'll bet Jaws too, and the onboard sound. On my old XP machine, I was on NVDA when I shut the RealTech enhancement sound effects off, and right that moment the Microsoft Jane voice jumped way up in volume and became much easier to understand, so even tough little N V D A doesn't like those RealTech enhancements.

By the way, last night I finally got Christopher Sappy Reed on my NVDA portable, on the thumb drive. All you do is take the L O quince folder for the version of NVDA portable you have, and paste it in N V D A portable's synth drivers. In NVDA menu, preferences, synthesizers, Mister Reed was wrongly titled Microsoft sapi 5; but it's him alright; good old Superman, faster than a speeding bullet;
leaps the tallest buildings in a single bound!
 Indigo L

On 12/1/2011 2:49 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
yeh Indie, JDX gave you good advice, seems him and I are reading each
other's minds lately, guess we've done a lot of this stuff, him more
than me, and xp default behavior is like what he said, but your right in
that a wrong driver can hose the system, some are smart enough not to go
in if things aren't right, but remember, lesser mobo developers don't
spend the time they should on driver package development, even the good
stuff can had crappy installs sometimes.

And if you can't go in to safe mode, which can sometimes work for
getting rid of bad stuff,
then your best strategy is to back up and do it again if you didn't image.

YOu know, I can almost recommend disabling an onboard soundcard in some
cases, and using a generic usb device.

This gives you more control in a way, and sometimes performance is
better, because those onboard sound cards sometimes have all sorts of
crap and it's easy to make a usb card go away if you have a conflict,
just unplug it.

Some times those realtek cards cause issues with your audio interface, I
have a minor issue with xp and my real tek card where I get an access
violation of some kind with the mackie onyx drivers, I can dismiss the
dialogue and things come right, but it's still there.

Not in w7 but with xp.

But if I were using a usb device, this wouldn't happen.

But I'm running three sound cards in this machine including my onyx so
I've got
her loaded down.

I like those generic usb devices, so handy especially for installing
operating systems, and sending speech someplace in a hurry, I like class
compliant devices you can just plug in and not have to worry about
drivers or weird control pannels.

So you might just get away with disabling the realtek in the bios, but
in order for your other audio devices to work right, you still may have
to install that microsoft high definition driver the qfe or whatever
it's called, it's an intel thing.

and chipset, if you don't do that, then things like usb and system level
stuff won't work right especially in xp.

when I do the chipset, I get the same hardware found soinds like you
installed new devices, so that stuff is very important and it's the low
level framework other drivers depend on.

and you need to get the right stuff in in order like I said in my other
email.

So your probgably best to get xp in fresh,
not with a tinkered boot loader, and get your chipset software in, and
then the high def audio driver,
and any special thing for your video, if you have onboard video you may
need to install the intel graphic manager stuff,
it differs from board to board.

But definitely make an image right after you install xp, will save you
lots of time if you goof.

At 08:16 AM 12/1/2011, you wrote:
Besides the generic RealTech drivers from the RealTech website, which
I'm waiting to install in case I can get the correct drivers, last
night I plugged in the $10 USB sound card, that looks like a thumb
drive with 3.5mm jacks for headphones and mic.
It provided the ta ta and shutdown fanfare, so I know it will work for
speech temporarily.
Today I could install a screenreader, but I can already tell that
mistakenly installing the Win7 64 drivers on Win XP 32 did some damage
to XP.
I normally shut down XP with Alt+F4, then the letter U, then enter,
but this installation begins the shut down as soon as I press the U
without waiting for enter, so something's wrong with it.
Extracting wrong drivers can be about as difficult, I've heard, as
extracting teeth, better to reinstall XP, and not need to worry about
those 64 bit drivers in there.
Indigo L

For all your audio production needs and technology training, visit us at

www.affordablestudioservices.com
or contact
Chris Belle
cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx