[realmusicians] Re: Dealing with layers

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 23:42:57 -0600

If in over-write mode, you must get your punch in point correct,
or you'll get a glitch, that's why I often use sound blend, sound on sound mode, even to punch in because it seems to be smoother.

Just edit out the point where the two waves meet, and you should be fine.

Cross-fading can be tricky.

At 12:01 PM 3/3/2011, you wrote:
Dear chris;
I didn't tern track layers on at all, fo cores.
What I did exactly is that, I hit the arm for recording and start, but
sometimes when we need to rerecord something, but we will complete, let's
say we recorded bar 1 to 10 and we need to record bar 11, sometimes, there
is small sound from the beginning of recording press say on bar 10 beat 4,
this sound will be with the sound that was on track 10 already.
Is this a layer? And if so, is there any way to avoid this?
This is exactly what happened with me, but I didn't tern this on at all.
Suggestions please.

Cheers:
Ramy Moustafa
If music be the food of love... play on.
Mobile:
0020102221750
Personal email:
ramy.moustafa.s@xxxxxxxxx