[ratpack] Re: Saturday's Enduro

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 20:05:07 -0700

Good, good stuff, man. After our discussion the other day, I found myself thinking that for photos like this to be effective, there have to be a bunch of others of the plain vanilla variety. Then these stand out...like the attached one from the Rolex. Car ain't movin, but there's plenty of action. If I'd only been able to catch the air hose at the peak of its arc, it would have framed the car perfectly. Oh, well. Next time.

RtR

At 06:26 PM 11/1/2009, you wrote:
Well, there were only four of us at the race Saturday but we represented the Rat Pack well. There weren't very many cars so we were shooting the same cars over and over so I tried to mix up how I was shooting the cars, some stop action shots some blurred shots. I enjoyed the pit action we had free reign to get up close to the drivers and pit teams. So this is leading to the enclosed pic. This Vette was one of the fastest cars on the track and there were several people in their pit area. I was enjoying shooting the re-fueling and tried a different angle when I noticed this guy, he looks pretty professional but look at the shoes, I don't thing they meet regulations. There were a couple of funny incidents in the pits but I enjoyed this one the most. I'll be posting more pics as the week goes on but I wanted to get this out first.

Let me know what you think.

Michael

--
Michael Wells