[ratpack] Re: November lunch meeting

  • From: Mark Smith <muttley128@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rat Pack <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 02:06:32 +0000

I would like to check out the lens. I am looking for a wide angle
sharp lens. The canon one ef-s is 900-1000
looking at the tamron it has gotten rave reviews.
Lots of people like sigmas i have never used one of theirs personally.
I like the range it has and would go great with the 70-200 l lens

> Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:56:42 -0700
> To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [ratpack] Re: November lunch meeting
>
> At 06:10 PM 11/11/2009, you wrote:
>
> >Is this a sharp copy. Seems some of them are not very good quality.
>
> The photos I've taken with it are very sharp.  I've blown some of 'em
> up to 20x30 with no evidence of blur/soft focus or chromatic
> aberration.  Here's a shot I did with it and it's one of a set of 3
> that I made posters from:
> http://www.raytherat.com/photoblog/200908/20090825_04.html  What
> you'll see here is a web-quality image cropped and reduced in pixel
> density, but it's still pretty good.  I can send the original if you want.
>
> >Does it come with a UV filter on it.
>
> No.  I had one on it, but I'm using it on my 18-200 EF-S lens.
>
> >Does it have a petal hood with it?
>
> Well, it did but right at the moment, I can't find it.
>
> >The camera what does it come with?
>
> Camera body, battery, strap and cap...and whatever else was in the
> box: manuals and CDs (which are copies the previous owner made.)
>
> Hope this answers the questions.
>
> RtR
>

> >Hope its not to many questions.
> >
> >Date: Wed=2C 11 Nov 2009 12:21:39 -0700
> >To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [ratpack] Re: November lunch meeting
> >

> >Looks like it's the 21st.  Shall we meet again at Hires around 1
> >pm?
> >

> >Yes=2C Mark=2C of course you're invited.  Youse a ratpacker now...with
> >GOM photos and everything.  Uhhh...that's Girls Of Miller according
> >to a photographer who might remain anonymous.  :)  As the old
> >song goes=2C "you can check out any time you want=2C but you can never
> >leave."  :)  (With apologies to Don Henley=2C Joe Walsh and
> >the Eagles.)
> >

> >I'll just write a paragraph or 2 about the camera I'd like to sell.=20
> >It's a Canon 20D=2C body only.  The major differences between it and
> >later models (like the 40 and 50D) is that its LCD is the size of a
> >postage stamp and in motor-drive mode it only shoots 3 frames per
> >second.  Later models have burst rates of 6 or 8 fps.=20
> >

> >It has "body armor" on it...that's a rubberized covering over
> >the body to keep it from getting damaged by knocking it into things=2C
> >although I don't think it'd protect it from a fall to the ground (unless
> >the ground was pretty soft) but I think it's mainly intended to protect
> >it if you're carrying more than one camera.  Having 'em bang into
> >one another would be a bad thing. =20
> >

> >I bought the camera body used for $300 and put the body armor on
> >it.  I can't remember the price I paid for the armor=2C but street
> >price is between $20 and $50.  It's specific to the 20D.
> >

> >It's been a very good camera and has saved my butt a coupla times when I
> >ran out of battery or had the wrong lens on the primary camera. It's also
> >nice if you have a long lens on one body and a wide one on another.=20

> [...]

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009