[ratpack] Re: FW: What the heck is this?

  • From: JOHN W WEIBEL <marce.weibel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:38:45 +0000

John:

Enjoy Geneva.

The Nickey web site has a picture of a Vinigaroon, should be spelled
"Vinegaroon" as seen on the side of the car under Nickey.

I believe this car competed in the USRRC and possibly Can-Am.  Will look up
later.   Vinegaroon was the name given to the car.  Believe car was  Mk 6
McLaren.

Vinegaroon is a spider, a whipscorpion.  does not have a stinger  can be 6
inches long

is docile  can be held and kept in aquarium style tanks.

Dan Blocker (Hoss Cartwright) campaigned, as owner,  a Vinegaroon for awhile.
Do not remember if it was a Nickey car.

just some bottom level trivia no one wants.

But enjoy the weekend.

John W Weibel

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 05:52:14 -0500
Subject: [ratpack] Re: FW: What the heck is this?
From: johncgg@xxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will be going to the Geneva Concours this weekend. There is a special event
on Saturday that my friend Tom and I are attending. see the link here:
http://www.genevaconcours.net/ I'll be working as a volunteer at the
information booth on Sunday for the event.

The Saturday morning event is the one I am anxious about:
http://www.genevaconcours.net/gala.html It is my understanding that the Nickey
Chevrolet performance cars were similar to Yenko dealer installed performance
options. We'll see what I can get pictures of.

see also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickey_Chevrolet
http://www.nickeychicago.net/

JC

---
John Christensen
Saint Charles, IL

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you John.  I bow to your superior knowledge and resources.  Ya done good,
man.

Ray
(I can finally name that image correctly.  Prolly won't mean a lot in the
cosmic sense of things, but I feel better.  <G>)

At 09:39 AM 8/17/2009, you wrote:

Hope this works.

From: marce.weibel@xxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RatPack] What the heck is this?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 02:54:23 +0000

All:

I knew I could find it.

Car is a 1969 Bizzarini Manta Guigiaro GT Coupe, a one off

Owned by Ronald and Diane Spindler of Encino, California

Color  Lime Green  with Orange Engine Vents

P538 Chassis #6901

was a retired P538 racing chassis

First car by Giorgetto Guigiaro under his "Ital Design" company.

Also Cobra Daytona Coupe Chassis #2601, " The Championship Coupe" sold for
$7,250,000 Saturday at Mecum Auction at Monterey, California

Cheers

John W Weibel

From: TSWATSON78@xxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:49:45 -0600

Beats the crud out of me.  The hood emblem is not Lambo.  I would venture a
guess that it is a one off Italian styling creation based of who knows what.
It does have that Lambo look but with a little Mangusta and or Maserati of the
late seventies.

P.