[racktables-users] Re: LinkManagement: Graphviz layout a little off

  • From: Chris James <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Maik Ehinger <m.ehinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 06:40:43 -0800

Cool, So I see the cytoscape map works now.
But still have error for virtually any other map.
I also notice the cytoscape is limited to only ethernet type ports, not
other port types like power, sas, custom etc.

[image: Datacate, Inc] <http://www.datacate.com>

*Chris James*

916-526-0737 x1002

chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx

*Datacate, Inc.*
2999 Gold Canal Drive

Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

http://www.datacate.com

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 6:26 AM, Maik Ehinger <m.ehinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Chris,

in the first version the ajax url for cytoscape data was not correct. Its
now fixed on github.

Regards,
Maik

Von: Chris James <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: Maik Ehinger <m.ehinger@xxxxxxx>
Kopie: Chris James <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 14.12.2015 15:20
Betreff: Re: [racktables-users] Re: LinkManagement: Graphviz
layout a little off
------------------------------

Yes, Old plugin works 100% fine in all examples.
I did notice this code in the old plugin also.

In the new plugin Its very weird, only on some objects is this happening.
But I can also tell you the new piece of the new plugin the cytoscape
piece never works.

If you would like 1st place example, and you have teamviewer I would be
happy to show you real time.

<http://www.datacate.com/>
*Chris James*
916-526-0737 x1002
*chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx* <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

*Datacate, Inc.*
2999 Gold Canal Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
*http://www.datacate.com* <http://www.datacate.com/>

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Maik Ehinger <*m.ehinger@xxxxxxx*
<m.ehinger@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi Chris,

this line ist still in the old part of the code and should be called only
if you request a map of all objects in your Racktables installation. For a
single object this part isn't called at all.

This error must have something to do with the Pear Image GraphViz
installation. The Graphviz Object seems to be "null".

I test the plugin on a complete fresh install wihout any errors.

Did the old plugin work?

Regards,
Maik

Von: Chris James <*chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx* <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
An: Chris James <*chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx* <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Kopie: *racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*
<racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jonas Øgendahl Groth <*jog@xxxxxxxxxx*
<jog@xxxxxxxxxx>>
Datum: 11.12.2015 23:59
Betreff: [racktables-users] Re: LinkManagement: Graphviz layout a
little off
Gesendet von: *racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*
<racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
------------------------------

I did a little more digging, the actual error is:
Call to a member function addNode() on a non-object in
/var/www/plugins/linkmgmt.php on line 3055

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Chris James <*chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx*
<chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Maik,

Very excited for this update, but do I need to do anything special to
upgrade?
I am receiving this error upon following the instructions:

The website encountered an error while retrieving
*https://(fqdn)/index.php?module=redirect&page=object&tab=linkmgmt&object_id=1465&op=map&usemap=1*
<https://(fqdn)/index.php?module=redirect&page=object&tab=linkmgmt&object_id=1465&op=map&usemap=1>.
It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Thanks,
Chris

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 6:52 AM, Maik Ehinger <*m.ehinger@xxxxxxx*
<m.ehinger@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hello Jonas,

i have just updated the plugin.

Since it is still experimental it can be found here:

*https://github.com/github138/myRT-contribs/blob/develop-0.20.x/LinkManagement/plugins/linkmgmt.php*
<https://github.com/github138/myRT-contribs/blob/develop-0.20.x/LinkManagement/plugins/linkmgmt.php>

It uses a different approach to build the graphviz map. It should produce
better graphs.

It also includes a cytoscape.js map version. Similar to this
*http://js.cytoscape.org/demos/5b192c88616af2f75344/*
<http://js.cytoscape.org/demos/5b192c88616af2f75344/>
It allows zooming and path highlighting.
But to make this work you need to add a few files to the Racktables
wwwroot/js directory. See Requirements Section of the plugin for details.

Feedback welcome.

Regards
Maik

Von: Jonas Øgendahl Groth <*jog@xxxxxxxxxx* <jog@xxxxxxxxxx>>
An: "'*racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*
Datum: 23.07.2015 08:30
little off
Gesendet von: *racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*
<racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

------------------------------

Hello Michal

Exactly. In my opinion this would give a more clear map of the connections.

Best Regards
Jonas

From: =?UTF-8?B?TWljaGHFgiBTb2Nob8WE?= <*kaszpir@xxxxxxxxx*
<kaszpir@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 16:19:21 +0200
Subject: [racktables-users] Re: LinkManagement: Graphviz layout a little
off

You say you want bottom box on the right side of the red box, and then
align all horizontally?
On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Jonas Øgendahl Groth <*jog@xxxxxxxxxx*
<jog@xxxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Hello All

We are using the Link management plugin and are very happy about the
functionality it brings. Right now a colleague is inputting hundreds
of ports and cables as part of updating the documentation.

However we have run into a bit of a problem as can be seen here:

*http://sysblog.dk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/badlayout.png*
<http://sysblog.dk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/badlayout.png>

I am not sure how to change the input so that dot can figure this out
but to me it would make more sense if the “Frb7d-Kst3-2†object
was moved out to the right of “Kst3-Frb7d/DC2-5-1†allowing it to
place all straight lines.

Am I the only one who has run into this?

[image: cid:image002.png@01CDD87C.224CB850]

*Jonas Øgendahl Groth – Infrastructure Services*

IT Administrator *| * AAU IT Services

Phone: *(+45) 9940 3470* <%28%2B45%29%209940%203470> * | *
*Email:jog@xxxxxxxxxx* <Email%3Ajog@xxxxxxxxxx> *| * Web
*homes.ist.aau.dk/jog/* <http://homes.ist.aau.dk/jog/>

*AAU IT Services | *Selma Lagerlöfs Vej 300 – 3.1.46 *|* Aalborg
East *|*

--
Michal Sochoń
alias _KaszpiR_ *kaszpir@xxxxxxxxx* <kaszpir@xxxxxxxxx>

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the
taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited.
E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they
can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates
with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. This company is
not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any
responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion
and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.