[racktables-users] Re: LinkManagement: Graphviz layout a little off

  • From: Maik Ehinger <m.ehinger@xxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 15:52:35 +0100

Hello Jonas,

i have just updated the plugin.

Since it is still experimental it can be found here:
https://github.com/github138/myRT-contribs/blob/develop-0.20.x/LinkManagement/plugins/linkmgmt.php

It uses a different approach to build the graphviz map. It should produce
better graphs.

It also includes a cytoscape.js map version. Similar to this
http://js.cytoscape.org/demos/5b192c88616af2f75344/
It allows zooming and path highlighting.
But to make this work you need to add a few files to the Racktables
wwwroot/js directory. See Requirements Section of the plugin for details.

Feedback welcome.

Regards
Maik

Von: Jonas Øgendahl Groth <jog@xxxxxxxxxx>
An: "'racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 23.07.2015 08:30
Betreff: [racktables-users] Re: LinkManagement: Graphviz layout a
little off
Gesendet von: racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Michal

Exactly. In my opinion this would give a more clear map of the
connections.

Best Regards
Jonas

From: =?UTF-8?B?TWljaGHFgiBTb2Nob8WE?= <kaszpir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 16:19:21 +0200
Subject: [racktables-users] Re: LinkManagement: Graphviz layout a little
off

You say you want bottom box on the right side of the red box, and then
align all horizontally?
On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Jonas Øgendahl Groth <jog@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello All

We are using the Link management plugin and are very happy about the
functionality it brings. Right now a colleague is inputting hundreds
of ports and cables as part of updating the documentation.

However we have run into a bit of a problem as can be seen here:

http://sysblog.dk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/badlayout.png

I am not sure how to change the input so that dot can figure this out
but to me it would make more sense if the “Frb7d-Kst3-2” object
was moved out to the right of “Kst3-Frb7d/DC2-5-1” allowing it to
place all straight lines.

Am I the only one who has run into this?

[image: cid:image002.png@01CDD87C.224CB850]

*Jonas Øgendahl Groth – Infrastructure Services*

IT Administrator *| * AAU IT Services

Phone: (+45) 9940 3470 * | *Email:jog@xxxxxxxxxx *| * Web
homes.ist.aau.dk/jog/

*AAU IT Services | *Selma Lagerlöfs Vej 300 – 3.1.46 *|* Aalborg
East *|*

--
Michal Sochoń
alias _KaszpiR_ kaszpir@xxxxxxxxx