[racktables-users] Re: IPv6 questions

  • From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 05:48:22 +0000

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 05:54 +0100, Jeroen ten Berge wrote:
> I'd like IPv6 registration as registering networks sized between /8
> and /64 the details inside those nets might be defined using either a
> single memo block or attributes defined in the dictionary, also i'd
> like the here-be-dragons function to work but limited to a single
> suggestion between every defined space (so in /8 network do dragons
> for 2x /9, after that 1x/10 for each defined /9 segment and so forth.

IPv6 subnetting is constrained to nibble boundaries (/32, /36, /40, ...
down to /64). Even if you want to allow arbitrary subnets (you
shouldn't), make that a UI option that defaults to off. The dragon
feature should follow the IPv6 spec.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Anti-vax people will try to avoid discussing how much mercury is in a
vaccine vs a tuna fish sandwich, they just keep repeating a facetiously