[python] Re: bottom bracket in the pivot keeps unwinding

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:49:28 +0200

Hej Dirk,

sorry for your long beauty. I never had a similar problem with mine. I guess the BB-shell is slightly deformed (see crack of the attached front part stays) und the threading is not working properly anymore. Loctite or even better two-part adhesive (Zweikomponenten Kleber) should help.

Good luck,
Jürgen.

On 11.08.2010 16:51, Dirk Bonné wrote:
Just a little update. I tried to solve the problem with a screw pushing
onto the shell.

http://picasaweb.google.de/lh/photo/L3MvS0IBCKrme3ci6rqeyw?feat=directlink

No luck.

Now I'm going to use loctite

regards,
Dirk

On 03.08.2010 19:29, Dirk Bonné wrote:
Hi

In my "pythoon" the pivot is a bottom bracket. It keeps getting loose,
because the upper shell keeps unwinding (after 100kms I need to
re-thighten it). I know there are others which use this solution. Am I
the only one with this problem?

regards,
Dirk