[python] Re: Starting to build

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:42:15 +0100

Hello Colin,

great to have you back online again!

> Im pleased to see that my humble suggestion of bending the crank has been
> put to good use and the Python has gained a little more ground clearance.

yes it has helped a lot. In the next 3 weeks I want to change my old python
to the new design.

> I have a question. It appears that the Airbike and the Python use 26"
> mountain bike tyres. Is there a reason that 700c tyres and rims are not
> used? They require much less pedalling effort.

Well, it is a matter of taste. I prefer to go on forest roads and sometimes
offroad. If you are looking for high speed and if your legs are long
enough then 27" or 28" are better.

Best Regards and Greetings to Down Under,