[pythian] Re: PROJECT - Quest: The Rescue of Preston

  • From: Darryl Long <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:18:52 -0500

> I would like to design the village

Hi Dan,

You know the rules for designing the village already, I think.  Try to limit
visibility by having lots of bends in the road, etc.  I want the village to
be pretty small.  Perhaps no more than 12 houses.

We need to determine how many houses with doors (for rescuing the villagers)
and how many houses with no doors.

We have two "open" houses designed already, so I was thinking maybe we could
say 3 open houses (we'll use one of them twice and if we get the inn or
tavern any time soon we'll use it instead).  I also considered using all or
part of Ariel's village map from way back.

15 houses isn't a lot, and really it's the 3 open houses that I want to keep
seperated, so we may just need to have a cluster or line of generic houses
down the middle of the village to keep the open houses seperated (I don't
want you to be able to see one open house from another, or any two open
houses at once).

Darryl