[pythian] Re: PROJECT - Music (secret tracks)

  • From: Darryl Long <pythianproject@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:47:08 -0400

> 1) many actual games give to the player the option to listen an audioCD
> instead of their own soundtracks (and some of them are rpg), while the game
> is running. I don't like that, but there are players who likes that. The
> "player's choice" on the soundtracks would be something similar to this. I
> wouldn't like it (also if I proposed it), but I'm sure that there will be
> someone who likes it.

Yes, I agreed that we should have this, but not with OUR music.  We
should let the player choose his OWN music, but he would not want to
choose OURS and rearrange the play order or something.

Thus it makes little sense for us to have secret tracks for him to
download unless we can encode them with environmental information about
when to play the tracks for the environmental soundtrack.  That is all I
meant by my previous long email :)

So two options (1) is environmental sound track and (2) is player's
choice.  Ok, we agree.

Darryl