[pythian] Re: PROJECT - Music (secret tracks)

  • From: "Enrico Rizzato" <arbegas5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:11:12 +0200

>We usually call it "Environmental Soundtrack" here.
Tnx :-) I didn't know that.

 >If we do this, we are eliminating all the gameplay benefits of the
> environmental soundtrack.  If these are our own tracks, but no longer
> connected to the gameplay, it will not be as cool.  For instance, you
might
> have a "relaxing" song playing in the dungeon.

I agree completely with you :-).
But:
1) many actual games give to the player the option to listen an audioCD
instead of their own soundtracks (and some of them are rpg), while the game
is running. I don't like that, but there are players who likes that. The
"player's choice" on the soundtracks would be something similar to this. I
wouldn't like it (also if I proposed it), but I'm sure that there will be
someone who likes it.
2) if we give the two "options" (the normal one, and the player's choice),
and if the player chooses the second, it's the player that decides the
soundtrack... so he won't blame us if the soundtrack he chose is not much
appropriated to the enviroment his character is moving into...
Moreover, he would have the option to return to the normal feature.

Enrico