[pythian] Re: DESIGN - PK'ing

  • From: Darryl Long <pythianproject@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 01:34:35 -0400

I agree with Enrico, but not because I have any experience playing
MMORPGs :)

Much of what I have read said that role-playing players really don't
like having their options limited artificially unless they can see it
really is for the greater good of the game.

For instance, they don't like overly restrictive PK rules because
sometimes, as the Texans say, "he just needed killin".  But they want
some places to be safe from stupidity so they can role-play, so it's ok
to have some areas where PK is forbidden.

Basically, our only purpose with these rules is to keep the "barbarians"
(players just there to ruin the game) from ruining it. If it was all
role-players, we wouldn't have any rules at all.

Darryl