[pythian] Re: CODE - Lightmaps

  • From: "kk" <krauspe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 20:22:02 +0200

I have forgotten to say that I implemented a new mipmap generator, which is
a bit slower - but has a lot better filtering options. In fact I have
converted and slightly changed a image resizer/resampler from graphics gems
(I think it was gems 2). It supports more filtering algos like linear (box)
or better filters like the standard one which takes a bit more time to
calculate or the ultimate bspline, mitchel or lanczos3.

The mipmaps look a lot better now... no more those nearest point mipmap.

But just 24bit images are supported for this process as I have setup that as
the basic value for the resampler. Well, it shouldn't be hard to duplicate
the code for 32bit or 16bit or 8bit... very easy to do.

I will commit the changes as soon as I can.

-kk