[pure-silver] Re: where to to house the new pure-silver

  • From: Ron Schwarz <rs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 01:47:30 -0400

07:08 AM 9/10/2004 +0200, Georges Giralt wrote:
=20
>Ron Schwarz a =E9crit :
>> 10:30 PM 9/9/2004 +0100, Rob Champagne wrote:
>> =20
>>=20
>>>If there is an archive of posts such as this then I think that exactly=
 the
>>=20
>> same functionality exists as for the old list and that makes me happy.
>> Keep on archiving is what I say...
>>=20
>>>rob
>>=20
>>=20
>> I'm filtering all pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx traffic to its own mailbox,=
 and
>> I can upload those files to my site on a monthly basis, but I'd need=
 Jim's
>> permission, since it's not my list.
>
>No.
>This mail traffic _was_ personally adressed to you... You are the sole=20
>owner of it.
>Of course letting other know private conversation content is bad=20
>practice, but not by law...
>Since you retain all due reference of who said this and where, no one=20
>can argue it has not or that he retains copyright, this message having=20
>got a huge diffusion...

Not sure what you're getting at (the headers of list traffic make it pretty=
=20
clear as to who it was addressed to), but as far as archiving, if you check=
=20
out Google's cache, and web.archive.org ("The Wayback Machine"), you'll find=
=20
that it's all archived anyway by "the big guys".  I just don't feel=20
(personally) comfortable web-posting archives to a list without the=20
list-owner's permission.

To put it in perspective, here are some URLs to check out (in case anyone is=
=20
*really* concerned about this stuff):

Google-cache (*may* not persist eternally):

http://64.233.179.104/search?sourceid=3Dnavclient&ie=3DUTF-8&q=3Dcache:http%=
3A%2F%2Fwww.tundraware.com%2FArchives%2Fpure-silver.archive%2F

http://64.233.179.104/search?sourceid=3Dnavclient&ie=3DUTF-8&q=3Dcache:http%=
3A%2F%2Fwww.tundraware.com%2FArchives%2Fpure-silver.archive%2Fpure-silver.20=
0103.txt

The Wayback Machine's eternal archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040119031313/http://www.tundraware.com/Archives=
/pure-silver.archive/pure-silver.200103.txt

http://web.archive.org/web/20030724205948/http://www.tundraware.com/Archives=
/pure-silver.archive/

--=20
         Website: http://www.clubvb.com/