[pure-silver] Re: where to to house the new pure-silver

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:34:52 -0500

Laurence.Cuffe@xxxxxx wrote:

> And of course retrospective thanks to the guy under the
> palm tree on the right... the guy with the table saw. Didn't he write for

                                              True

> BYTE once? Tim Daniwhat? get him another rum punch.

Yes. And Infoworld, and PC Products, and ...)  I'll drink to that.

> Just as a matter of interest what was the name of the Aussie who started
> all this ?

Actually, I started the list originally around 1985 or 1986 running
on a Unix machine connected via ISDN.  I did it because I was
tired of the noise on rec.photo.* and there was too much
digital stuff on some of those groups for my tastes.

Then I lost the connection, so
we moved the hosting to an Aussie site.  Immediately before or after
this (I cannot recall), the group was briefly hosted on Yahoo Groups
(what a disaster).  Eventually, I got broadband back and ran the
group here for many years