[pure-silver] Re: was: Argento-ferrotype prints Now: emulsion-to-go?

  • From: Bill Stephenson <photographica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 02:09:16 -0400

Back in the 70's, a professional photographer friend used to supplement
his income by coating "river rocks" or "beach stones" (stones worn
smooth from water and/or sand action) with a photosensitive emulsion
and printing line drawings (made on Kodalith from full-scale originals)
on them, then selling them as bookends, paperweights, or just
ornaments. We're no longer in contact, and I never asked him where he
got the emulsion. I know it was a commercially-prepared product that
came in a glass jar inside a lightproof cardboard container, but that's
it. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks

-Bill