[pure-silver] (slightly OT) little black spots in Zuiko lens

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pure Silver (F) (E-mail)" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:21:05 +0100

Hi,

My current 35mm gear is a Olympus OM-2 with Zuiko lenses. The standard =
50/1.8 lens shows a couple  (3-5) of tiny blacks spots between the =
elements (presumably flacked of black paint. I first assumed this =
particular to this single lens, but I obtained 2 other specimens of this =
lens of varying age, which also show this phenomena.

So my question is: will these spots seriously influence the lens =
performance, so much that it will show on a print? I must admit that I =
did not see any signs of that. But I mostly shoot 4*5, and MF and I am =
always disappointed if I occasionally print 35 mm ( more grain =
(obviously) and less sharpness and definition, perhaps also obvious)..

thanks,

best,

Cor=20