[pure-silver] Re: shooting in snow

  • From: Robert Hall <robert.g.hall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:19:18 -0700

Black and white or color?

Shutter and depth of field should be what they should be.

You might consider the contrast of the scene however.

It can be pretty easy to over develop snow and have no texture for black and
white, as well as many of my students tend to meter the snow and get a nice
gray tone due to the meter thinking everything it sees is 18%.

If it all comes together, snow is lovely.

Robert Hall
www.RobertHall.com