[pure-silver] Re: print washer

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:16:13 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:41 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: print washer

I've seen a stainless steel washer in operation, which worked like a slowly rotating washing machine. Is that the one describing?

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

No, this was a flat tray that rocked back and forth. It was made by Calumet when they were mainly a maker of stainless-steel darkroom equipment. I found an ad for it in an old magazine: it was a large unit mounted in its own table type frame, larger than what I remembered. The rotary washers were made by Pa-Ko who made a large line of photofinishing equipment including large drum dryers. I think a similar washer was made by at least one other company. I think both types of washers were meant more for high quantity washing of smaller prints than for large ones.